Listen up, Miners!
Fasten your safety harness and keep your eyes focused on the information terminal - this is going to be a long lecture.
We got new grenades, eye candy, personal drop pods, a bunch of new enemies, and a TON of gear tweaks to brief you about, so grab a brew and listen up!
Also - look out for the [COMMUNITY REQUESTS] - these are things you guys have been very adamant in talking about and bringing to our notice, so keep up the good work! It is, as always, very appreciated. :D
The boys and gals in R&D have been hard at work once more! All the old grenades have been reworked, and a ton of new ones have been added. Each class can now unlock up to three distinct types of class-specific throwables, with the potential for more to come in future Updates.
- Engineer: L.U.R.E, Plasma Burster, Proximity Mine
- Gunner: Sticky Grenade, Incendiary Grenade, Cluster Grenade
- Scout: IFG, Cryo Grenade, Pheromone Canister
- Driller: Impact Axe, HE Grenade, Neurotoxin Grenade
We’ve finally gotten our new orbital drone cameras installed, enabling much better and varied scenic views of mining crews descending to the surface of Hoxxes at the beginning of each mission.
The End Screen shown at the end of each mission has gotten a much-needed overhaul as well. Now you get to pose and display all your lovely cosmetics in full 3D while the mission data ticks up!
They’ve been a long time coming, but they’re finally here! 50+ Steam Achievements have been added to the game, ready to be unlocked! We’ve strived to make them retroactive anywhere it made sense.
Imagine a floating bag of slime, constantly spewing out pulsing egg-sacks full of ravenous young. They may look like gentle giants (depending on how much you like tentacles), but trust us when we say you want to take these oozing blimps out quick.
The result of leaving the Naedocyte Breeders to do their thing. We’ve run into more developed varieties of these before, but this is the first time we’ve ever encountered them in their larval state. They are hatched ravenously hungry, so mind yourselves that you don’t get overrun.
Younger and softer variation of the Shellbacks. Unlike their more solitary-minded mature state, the Q’ronar Younglings hunt in packs. Do not underestimate them.
Now, this is an interesting one. Unlike the common Lootbug, this particular breed gorge themselves on gold alone. Management has no qualms with employees taking them out for sport and personal gain.
This rare beastie seems like a bit of an oddity among the otherwise mostly hostile Hoxxes fauna. Often referred to as “The Clown Car”, the Huuli Hoarder is an abject coward and will run away from any potential threat once startled. However, like the common Lootbug, they subside solely on a diet of precious minerals - as in, taking them out will net you a tidy profit, just take care that you don’t let it separate you from your team.
LATE JOIN DROP POD
[COMMUNITY REQUEST] Let it not be said that Management does not care about employee complaints. Joining a mission already in progress now dumps you into a personal drop pod, letting you safely land in the mission area instead of utilizing the horribly unreliable teleportation technology used so far. As with the Supply Pod, it is recommended to keep a safe distance to the landing zone.
Sign up for the Miner’s Union and join our wonderful Discord community directly from the Space Rig! We have bigger plans for this down the line, but for now, you can use it to see the number of active members and such.
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] The Mission Map now displays Assignment Icons for every team member, making it easier to choose which missions to go on.
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] The Hazard 5 Unlock Assignment now requires you to play the associated missions on Hazard 4 difficulty
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Dwarves leaving a game will now drop a resource pouch with any materials they had in their inventory
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Added an option to opt Bosco out of solo missions at the Drone Modification Terminal
- Personal Temperature HUD overhaul
- [COMMUNITY REQUEST] Added option to disable Mouse Smoothing
- Improved gear stats display in the Equipment Terminal
Surrounded by awful bitey things? Let them know how you feel about that! While having your pick out, hit Fire to unleash a devastating Power Attack. There’s a cooldown on it, so spend it wisely.
- New Heavy Sentry model for Engineers
- New Sentry models for the Minehead
- New Floodlight models for the Minehead
- Several new enemy and weapon sounds
- New Hoxxes model shown on Space Rig
- Fixed the Q-mining exploit
"THUNDERHEAD" HEAVY AUTOCANNON
- Fixed a bug with Autocannon fire rate not resetting
- Fixed Autocannon lighter barrel assembly mod
- Tweaked Autocannon fire rate to increase in a more linear manner
- Removed Stun mod
"LEAD STORM” POWERED MINIGUN
- Decreased Stun mod chance
- Decreased Stun duration
- Fixed Aggressive Venting modification to properly function as client
- Renamed Stagger to Stun
- Gear stats now display the weapon's stun on weak point hit functionality correctly
EXPERIMENTAL PLASMA CHARGER
- Renamed Normal Shots Bounce mod to Bouncy Plasma
- Renamed Charged Projectile Explodes mod to Unstable Containment Field
- Increased Radius and Damage of Unstable Containment Field implosion
- Fixed some EPC shots doing "generic" damage
“BULLDOG” HEAVY REVOLVER
- Removed Stun Mod (anyone who purchased it will get a refund)
- Added stun chance as an inherent property of the gun
- Stun Mod proc chance increased
- Tungsten Pellets Mod armor damage multiplier increased
- Blast Wave description made more clear (hopefully)
- Blowthrough Mod changed to Super Blowthrough (can penetrate multiple targets)
- Fixed Blast Wave mod to work consistently
- Removed the Stun mod (anyone who purchased it will get a refund)
- Rearranged some of the other mods to better balance the potential builds
- Increased the accuracy penalty while moving
- Increased the speed with which accuracy is regained
- Decreased accuracy spread when shooting
- Increased Tier 4 Expanded Ammo Bags mod from +100 to +150 ammo
- Added a tutorial hint for Focused Shot
- Fixed Stun modification to work properly
- Fixed the Breach Cutter so it no longer damages the player if fired directly downwards
- Deeptora Honeycomb is no longer immune to fire
- Glyphid Praetorian acid gas can now be lit on fire again
- Fixed cases of mission weapon assignment completed not being counted correctly
- Fixed some invisible colliders in levels displaying as ‘Unknown Material’
- Credits pages now change properly
- Fixed a bug that caused a floating Shield Generator or Satchel Charge to appear at the - location of the spawn point
- Fixed some bugs related to saluting while reloading
- Fixed certain armors that caused the player’s arms to be invisible at the beginning of a mission
- Fixed the revive progress bar so it no longer stays on the screen if another player starts and cancels the revive process
- [MIXER Interactivity] Resupplying Ammo now works
- Super Blowthrough modifications changed from 10 penetrations to 3 for all weapons that have them
- Added a failsafe for Shield Generators that fail to deploy
Glacial Strata - Decreased the cooling rate for Frost Praetorian breath attack and death cloud.
Glacial Strata - Cooling effect from blasts of freezing air now stop as soon as you leave the area of effect
[COMMUNITY REQUEST] Typo fixed in Plasma Burster grenade description
[COMMUNITY REQUEST] Hole plugged in upper launch bay. Well spotted, miner.
[COMMUNITY REQUEST] Elevator shafts on Space Rig cleaned up a little because there's nothing we won't do for our players.
Minor hole plugged in monitor mesh
Fixed xp bar showing for players on loading screen
Fixed poodle related overlay issues
Fixed bomber puddles creating permanent overlays
Fix for terrain related crashes
Hoarder's electrical resistance increased
Cryo Grenade area of effect increased
Fixed the retroactive functionality for promotion achievements
Throwing axe can now hit all killable things
Fixed player able to throw grenades after death
Certain vanity items no longer show up red when Frozen
Grenade loadout ui: Extra Detail button hidden for grenades
Players who just joined the game can no longer be grabbed just as they spawn
Fixed the barrel hoop game combo display
Bugfix - Fixed Impact Axe sometimes getting stuck to the player throwing it
Tweaked stationary enemy encounters in caves
Typo fixed on Impact Axe description
Disabled saluting while having a grenade equipped.
When dropping a gem / carried item, you no longer switch weapons twice. If you press 1-4 on client you also now get the correct weapon/tool for that item slot.
Improve spawning of enemies
Fixed cases of enemies not being allowed to spawn
Fix choppy motion when latejoining and dropping down.
Remove Disable Optimizations Pragma
Grenade count will now be correctly counted when rejoining a game after disconnecting
Updated Grenade UI after latejoining
Players rejoining a game after disconnecting will now spawn back directly instead of going down with a droppod
Improved carriable gems logic in an effort to fix bad cases with throwing and dropping when dying
Fixed Shield Regenerator deploying twice
Fixed weapon mastery skin not being available for Bulldog, Autocannon, and NUK17
Scaled the Q'ronar Younglings smaller
Rotating movement removed from planetary ring outside space rig until we find a better solution
Fix spacerig hologram performance (collision related)
Procedural Smoke and Fire progress
Space Rig exterior GFX improved
All the Loading Tips have gotten a grammar- and typo-fixing pass
Enor Pearl material set to Local Space
Fixed material issue on Tentacles around Dreadnought Egg
Fix pickaxe and Gems could become invisible on client if he got downed
Fix throwing a gem / item on clients would not always select the last weapon.
Fixed Retroactive milestone progress for achievements "Performance matters" and "Management Approves"
Added text explaining that Hazard 4 is demanded to play on to unlock haz 5 in the assignment
The Achievements requiring you to not call in a supplypod or die, now only triggers if you haven't called a supplypod
Removed confusing requirement for the "Total Makeover" achievement that required players to change to a non-default owned skin color
Fixed a bug that enabled the mission time achievement to trigger after waiting in the spacerig for an hour and dropping into a mission
Fixed various Impact Axe shenanigans
Fixed an animation problem in third person for the M1000 Classic causing it to be misplaced when reloading
Improved spawn location logic for enemies in an effort to fix missing enemies
Fixed issues with saluting during autoreload causing magazine spam and broken animations
Shadows disabled on point lights on Load Screen
Fixed white light flashes in spacerig terminals
Added Steam Rich Presence, since Pedro was bored. You may need to restart Steam before it works
Naedocyte Breeder has been nerfed. It now spawns more rarely and the spawn amount of Naedocyte Hatchlings from the Roe has been decreased.
Enabled Hoarder's physical animations
Fixed more cases where enemies would not spawn
Fixed pathfinder issues around special objects
Fixed emission on plant that was wrong in Lush
NUK17 - The NUKs now have static bullet spread that is not affected by either shooting or moving. Run & gun or spray & pray to your hearts content.
Weapon reloads now better-synced with audio-visual cues
Mine head sentry gun now dismantles, rather than disappear, when ammo is spent
Pathfinder fixes for issues seen around mine head
Resource bag now only spawns if the player that left had any resources
Fixed latejoin drop pod choppiness
Fixed a bug where beards get stuck floating in the air when a player gets downed
Shortened the Sticky Grenade fuse time
Cryogrenade now affects Naedocyte Shockers / Hatchlings
Sound added to pickup of throwing axes
Tweaked colors of power attack cool down display
Fixed a bug with pickaxing frozen teammates not breaking them free
Fixed the extraordinary laziness of Molly which made her refuse to follow players
Players should no longer get stuck in an invulnerable downed state
Fixed a bug with BET-C’s pulsating sound
Fix for ambient occlusion only working for dynamic objects
Mule, Drop Pod etc. now have floating icons again when holding the laser pointer
Fixed Mine Head Launch icon not properly disappearing for clients
Bosco can now dig out and carry objects!
Q'ronar Youngling encounters should be a bit more rare.
Q’ronar Shellback’s armor is significantly weaker. Most weapons will be able to break it in a few shots. Weapons with armor breaking capabilities will still excel at it.
Tweaked the rolling animation of the Qronar enemies to resolve unintended jerkiness
Changed material on the weakpoint of the Glyphid Menace, when it dies so it does not light up dead
Fixed a bug with sounds becoming muffled for the remainder of a mission after getting hit by a rolling Q’ronar enemy
Glyphid Praetorian backside is again considered a weakpoint but does not give any damage bonus on its own
Fixed a bug with the Mission Assignment icon not showing in the Mission Terminal
Fixed a bug with clients being required to open the map in order for the host to be able to see their Mission Assignment
Increased attenuation distance for sound and camshake when digging out eggs
Fixed a bug with the Terrain Scanner getting stuck
Fixed cases where you would switch weapons after mining and using the Terrain Scanner
Attention Miners! Welcome to the second Deep Rock Galactic community update! First and foremost, we hope you have been enjoying going face to face with the Horrors of Hoxxes in Update 23. …