Xbox One / Windows 10
Before we head out for a couple of weeks of sorely needed summer vacation, we have cooked up a lovely little mutation to the game for you all!
From now on, all missions have a chance to appear with Mutators attached to them. They come in two variants: Warnings and Anomalies. Anomalies are neutral or even positive, while Warnings will severely increase the danger you’ll face. Missions with Warnings on them also add a substantial Hazard Bonus to the final score. Look on the mission map for the new Warning and Anomaly icons!
The following Warnings and Anomalies are already implemented, and we expect to add lots more in future patches.
- EXPLODER INFESTATION: Whatever mutation affects the Glyphid Exploders, this is likely one of the epicenters! Hordes of ‘roided-up, rabid Glyphid Exploders will do their best to turn you into a fine red mist.
- SHIELD DISRUPTION: The cave is heavily electrostatically charged. And wouldn’t you know it, it makes your shield generators short out. So...no shields!
- MACTERA PLAGUE: Macteras of all kinds have completely taken over this cave! Flying horror descends from the sky! You could say it’s going to be... Macterrible!
- CAVE LEECH CLUSTERS: If you have a phobia of Cave Leeches, this cave will either cure you or confirm your worst fears...
- GOLD RUSH: This cave has extraordinarily rich deposits of gold; huge veins of it just waiting for the sweet caress of your pickaxe!
- MINERAL MANIA: Crafting Minerals galore! It is the reason to go to Hoxxes after all.
- TRIPLE XP: 10 credits says you can’t guess what it does...
- LOW GRAVITY: Jump vast chasms! Scale nearly vertical walls! Just keep in mind... fall damage is still a thing, so don’t get TOO cocky...
- CRITICAL WEAKNESS: Multikill! Aim for the weak spots for severely increased damage!
- GOLDEN BUGS: Each kill earns gold for the team!
- RICH ATMOSPHERE: You feel energized and can move more easily around. Your beautiful voice may appear slightly altered by the rich atmosphere, Chipmunk!
TERRAIN SCANNER - NOW IN 3D!
The ol’ flat Terrain Scanner has had an overhaul! The camera is now fully rotatable and zoomable, and you’ll have a much easier time finding where you need to go. Terrain Scanner has been mapped to both [TAB] and [M] by default. Go try it out!
DYE YOUR HAIR OR DIE DYEING!
For Update 14, we experimented briefly with locking hair colors to classes, to make them stand out more. It turns out the players didn’t enjoy that too much... in fact, we practically feared being strung up like elves! Rejoice, however! Custom hair colors are back, and are even a bit more advanced now!
MORE HEADWEAR ADDED
A couple of new hairdos have been added (The Franklin and The Gamekeeper), as well as a bunch of much-requested variations to some of the hats and helmets!
TAKE YOUR DWARF FOR A SPIN!
Ever wondered what your dwarf looks like from behind? Well, you can now rotate your dwarf in all the relevant menus!
Note: For those who wondered where all your armor went after Update 14, it was down to a massive reworking of the system we use for all the Vanity items. All those affected should have gotten all the credits and minerals you spent on them back.
AN EVEN BETTER BOSCO
Bosco has had a brain upgrade and should now be much better at doing what he’s told and dishing out damage. He is so good that we had to tweak down his damage from 8 to 6 per bullet. His burst fire has also been adjusted to be a bit slower.
RETURN OF THE DRONE
When starting a multiplayer game solo, Bosco joins you until another player joins. If that player drops out again, Bosco will reappear!
FASTER WAY TO PLAY
EASY FRIEND INVITE
Invite your friends directly into your game! And you don’t even have to have set up a mission yet!
JOIN FRIENDS UNINVITED
You can always join your friend’s game - unless they already have a full team that is!
Health will regenerate to a specific minimum after taking massive damage. No more running around with 1 hit point!
The Minigun has had a massive overhaul, with a snazzy new model, improved animations, and new particles. After firing the Minigun, the accuracy is reduced at a slower rate.
LOOK WHO’S TALKING NOW
An icon is shown next to a player’s icon when using voice chat.
HUD IT LIKE YOU WANT
Some aspects of the HUD can now be hidden through the Options. For now, Enemy Health Bars, the Compass, your depth, Player Name, Class, and Class Icon.
SALVAGE OPERATION TWEAKS
- Uplink and Fuels Cells have gotten new models and animations.
- Escape Pod powering up time reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
PERKS, BUFFS, AND NERFS
- Increased the sprint speed bonus of the Weekend Athlete perk.
- Rank 3 Field Medic Perk will send nearby Glyphids fleeing when you finish reviving a teammate.
- Rank 5 Resupplier Perk will auto-reload all your weapons when you resupply.
- Fixed grammar and typos on several Perks and Milestones.
- Red Sugar Rocks: Max rank will give you a 20% speed boost for ten secs.
Summer Vacation Time
Summer is upon us, and that means we are also going on summer vacation. So we will be a bit less active in our different forums, social media etc.
Also, we are moving to new offices in August, due to we have grown in team size. We need more SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
We will slowly be more active in August, and at full speed in September!
Until then there is only one thing to say:
ROCK AND STONE!
Hello Miners! This time around we’ve cooked up a fairly massive update together for you, just in time for summer vacation. And speaking of summer vacation - DRG just cancelled yours! New missions and monsters await and you got a ton of milestones to meet! So get to work!
MAJOR NEW FEATURES
NEW MISSION TYPE: SALVAGE OPERATION
It is your job to go in and clean up after a failed mining expedition. You will have to salvage three Mini Mules and repair a damaged drop pod in order to bring all the lost equipment home. Get ready for a combat heavy experience where teamwork and good preparation is key to success! Don’t be another failure!
NEW ENEMY: THE MACTERA GRABBER
The Grabber is the new terror from the sky. It snatches up a random dwarf and flies away with him, before dropping him to crack like a nut on the floor below! Depending on your luck, you might just end up with some bruises - or you might end up being dumped into a chasm! Shoot ‘em quick, that’s our suggestion...
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Deep Rock Galactic is now tracking your work performance! On the KPI screen in your cabin you can check out detailed stats on your performance. By reaching predefined milestones you earn perk points, that can be spend on awesome perks for your dwarves, making your day to day work a little easier.
IMPROVED VANITY CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM
The Vanity System has had a complete overhaul, expanding greatly on our options. Here are some of the new features:
- Build the beard of your dreams! Individually customize hair, eyebrows, sideburns, moustache and beard!
- All armor has received an overhaul! More detail has been added in general, and armor now supports textures! Look at the nice tiger stripes on the Gunner’s armor!
- The original selection of beards has been broken up into parts and added back in to support the new system.
- A small selection of new Hats, Hair, Helmets, Beards, Moustaches, and Sideburns have been added. We are by no means done here yet, this was just what we managed to get in for this patch.
NEW ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
- During missions in the Sandblasted Corridors, you will now have a chance of encountering blinding sandstorms and forceful wind tunnels.
- The Magma Core just got a lot hotter! Try to avoid the hot magma rock - It burns! Also notice that explosions will expose the hot magma rock under the surface - turning the battlezone into a dangerous place for friends and foes.
BUFFS AND NERFS
ENGINEER: PLATFORM GUN
- Start ammo increased from 10 to 12 platforms.
- Mag size increased from 3 to 4 platforms.
- Extra platform upgrade added. First upgrade adds 4 to max ammo, second upgrade adds another 4, making it possible to shoot out 20 platforms when fully upgraded. Time to build some awesome bridges and staircases!
ENGINEER: SENTRY GUNS
- Starting sentry gun max ammo increased from 400 to 425.
- Damage per bullet has been decreased from 7 to 5.5.
- You can now upgrade max ammo for the sentry guns. The upgrade gives +75 max ammo - making you reach a total max ammo capacity of 500.
- The starting clip size of the Handgun has been increased from 8 to 12 bullets.
- Clip size upgrade has been increased from +4 bullets to +6 bullets.
- Bosco now deals 8 points of damage instead of 6 per shot
- Friendly fire factor decreased from 0.2 to 0.1. Not fun being killed by your favorite Drone afterall!
OTHER IMPORTANT FIXES AND FEATURES
- Praetorians now spit acid!
- Praetorian difficulty rating increased. It is now more deadly, so you will encounter fewer of them.
- Fixed Deeptora Swarms not attacking players.
- Added armor and weak spots to Infector. Also increased base HP, aim for the weak spots for a quick kill.
- Fixed swarmer tunnel debris in Radioactive.
- Blood splatter when enemies hit you.
- Added Jump attack to the Glyphid Swarmers.
- Tweaked end wave pressure.
- Reduced the alert distance of Glyphid Grunts and Praetorians. Players have to be closer before they attack.
- Added new Glyphid sounds and tweaks.
- Swarmer Tunnels debris material fixed
- Salt Caves tunnel crystal madness fixed.
- Exploders get speed boost when near another Exploder exploding.
- Fixed Glyphid Spawner weak points.
- Increase AI avoidance for Exploders.
- Fixed Cave Leech grabbing already paralyzed target.
- Align Glyphid Spitters towards target when stationary.
- Magtera spawn no longer shoots through walls and require line of sight before shooting at a player
- Magtera spawn are now able to shoot when the host isn’t looking at them
- Red Sugar leaves chunks on the ground if you mine it while at full health.
- Radioactive materials and colour tweaks.
- Tweaks on post process effects.
- Steam Geysers in Fungus Bogs can now spawn at more interesting angles. Have Fun!
- Made the Glowtree illuminate a much larger area. The more Bulbs you shoot the brighter it gets
- Fungus Bogs wall material tweak.
- Lush wall material tweaks, Nitra tweaks, Gold tweaks.
- Slightly randomize animation speed of animated foliage so they are not all in same phase of animation.
- Added exploding plants to Fungus bog and Dense Biozone (as colour variant).
- New passive creature: Silicate Harvester added to Dense Biozone and Radioactive regions. You can ride it!
CAVE GENERATION AND MISSIONS
- New cave shapes. More variations for the level generation.
- More randomization for the existing cave shapes.
- Unique cave structure for the Salvage Operations.
- Cave complexity is now more accurate, making sure that the difference between simple and complicated caves is more apparent.
- High Complexity missions are now locked to player rank (2 for medium and 3 for high complexity).
- Hazard level: Tourist has been removed for now. Very few players were playing this mode and it felt a bit broken how you were earning zero gold or xp.
WEAPONS AND TOOLS
- Added laser pointer warning to radioactive crystals.
- Added Gatling Gun gunsling animation.
- Fixed laser pointer distance bug.
- Holding time to equip laser pointer with controller is shorter.
- Sentry gun fix - It would sometimes shoot things that were not enemies.
- Bullet casings for gatling gun and assault rifle have been reactivated.
- Teammates icons always visible displaying current health, special states (like being grabbed by a cave leech), and shouts.
- Laser pointer pings when it hovers over a resource.
- When laserpointer equipped, hold FIRE to place personal waypoint.
- New crosshairs for most weapons.
- Hit indicators removed in their previous form. Now some parts of the crosshair will turn red to confirm that an enemy has been hit. Red arrows appear on the health bar when the shot hit a weak spot.
- Update Chinese translation.
- Turkish added to supported languages.
- Fixed trading buy/sell+crash exploit.
- Fix Bosco related crash.
- Tweaked 'Player Down' HUD & team icons.
- Mission Control now announces gravity recalibration.
- The hosting player now jumps the same height as clients (was lower before).
- For Xbox we have added Dynamic resolution
It’s that time again, and we have some interesting changes for you to enjoy! This update is more experimental than usual with tweaks to the health system. Please try them out and share your thoughts using the Feedback button in game.
We realize it's a smaller patch than usual, but that's just because we're working on some meatier stuff in the background we're not quite done with yet. Watch this space for more info!
Also for Xbox Players we have added a Feedback button, where you can give some feedback to us. It is very helpful for us!
COMMUNITY REQUESTED FIXES
- LESS SHIELD
Some of you hardcore miners have been requesting that the game was harder - especially on higher difficulties. We have tried to make tweaks that make the game harder on higher difficulties but feel almost the same on lower difficulties. We have lowered your starting shield from 30 to 25 and changed the shield upgrades to the shield from 10 to 2.5 (giving a 10% boost).
- MORE HEALTH
To compensate for the lack of shield - we’ve increased player health from 100 to 110 hp.
- MORE RED SUGAR
Furthermore, the amount of healing you get from red sugar has been increased 25% and the amount of red sugar spawned in a mission has been increased by 10%.
- SOLO ENEMY NUMBERS & HEALTH
Exploring the caves of Hoxxes by yourself takes more time and can be brutal, so we have made it so the swarms will be a little bit smaller when you are on your own. Enemy health has also been lowered a little bit for solo expeditions. The creatures of Hoxxes are still dangerous so don’t drop your guard!
- BOSCO NOW WITH 50% MORE REVIVES
While he really wants to, Bosco can’t always save you from a cave leech. He feels really bad about it and has requested that he be allowed to revive you 3 times instead of 2. The request has been granted.
- MACTERA SPAWN HEALTH INCREASED
In a continuing effort to perfect the Mactera Spawn, we have changed its health from 180 to 210. Remember to use cover and aim for the weak-spot!
It’s patch time again, and we have a bunch of cool new stuff for you! Tweaks, bug fixes, and the first new enemy! Also, along with these smaller updates, we are now initiating some larger content and feature development. More on this later, when we reveal a larger roadmap of things to come.
---COMMUNITY REQUESTED FIXES---
BOSCO JOINS YOU IF YOU START A HOSTED GAME ALONE
A very popular request from the community has been for Bosco to join you when you start hosting a game. This way you can start mining with Bosco assisting you, while you wait for your friends or strangers to join your game. We have done a rough first implementation with no bells and whistles, and it works like this:
- Bosco joins you when you start hosting a public/ private game and head in alone.
- When the first a player joins your game, Bosco will self-destruct for that game session.
Jadiz has been one of the hardest crafting materials to collect and we have buffed it! Jadiz will now spawn a bit more often in the Crystalline Caverns region and we have changed the value range of it from 7-18 to 10-18.
WANT NICE CLEAN SCREEN SHOTS?
Some of you have been requesting been able to take nice clean screenshot and we actually also need that feature! Now you can Hold [H] to toggle the HUD on/off.
- NEW ENEMY: SAY HELLO TO THE MACTERA SPAWN!
The Mactera Spawn is our first proper flying enemy. It will attack from a distance using its vomit attack. Smack that Fly!
- SWARMER TUNNELS
You can now come across strangely looking small tunnels coming out of the walls. Glyphid Swarmers live here. They are very territorial and will aggressively defend their nest! A simple advice: Avoid them!
- CAVE LEECH LETS YOU GO “GENTLY” WHEN IT DIES!
Previously, when a dwarf was dropped from a dying Cave Leech, he might drop for a long distance, mysteriously taking no fall damage, which was as designed but seemed weird. Now the Cave Leech slackens its’ tongue and lowers you down more gently, making it seem more realistic that you don’t take fall damage.
- DESTRUCTIBLE ARMOR ON GLYPHIDS!
Direct enough firepower to those pesky armor plates to shoot them off and expose the soft underbits underneath!
- NEW PASSIVE CREATURE: IS IT A PLANE? IS IT A BIRD? NO IT‘S A FLYING JELLYFISH!
The Dense Biozone region of Hoxxes is now inhabited by large, passive, flying jellies.
- MINERAL TRADE TERMINAL
In the Mineral Trade Terminal you can trade your credits for crafting materials, but be advised that materials are priced fairly exorbitantly. You can also sell your precious crafting materials for credits, but again don’t expect a fair price. Deep Rock Galactic are always trying to maximize their income even if it comes from its workers!
- REVOLVER RELOAD ANIMATION
The Gunner’s Revolver now has a proper reload animation - as well as a cool gunslinger move when you try the reload while it’s fully reloaded.
- FLASHLIGHT NERF
Range on the dwarves’ flashlights has been tweaked down from 12.50m to 11.00m, making them a bit weaker.
- PATHFINDER IMPROVEMENTS
Enemies are now less likely to go straight through thin cave walls.
- M.U.L.E. SAFETY FIX
If for some reason the MULE does not find its way back to the Escape Pod, the doors will still open 15 seconds before countdown runs out.
...And tons of minor stuff, mostly bug-fixes behind the scenes, but also small visual upgrades. For full overview see the patch notes below.
- Tweaked sound for drop pod drills on spacerig
- Red Sugar is more red
- Added Developer Tags
- Fix carriable scaling after picking up in first person
- Decreased maggot crawl volume
- Cave leech audio tweak
- Cave leech audio tweak again again
- Revolver reload
- Tweaked Sound on electric crystal
- Affliction overlay now does a quick fade in
- Death Cam overlay tweaked
- Droppod audio tweak - Not as loud in space rig
- Shotgun audio tweak
- Spawn effects when enemies come out of the ground now work on clients
- Added ground light and gunlight seperation + added a backlighting making dead cam look better.
- Fixed - Your own vanity would not show as equipped to you on missions or in the spacerig.
- Changed the first person weapon lighting, and submitted at shitload of material tweaks to match it..
- Try to fix players spawning on top of each other
- Try to fix delay on collectibles again!
- Hooked up armor & health bar in player down hud
- Added Resources to serverlist display
- Added Third Person Character Turning (WIP)
- Fixed electric crystals making death noises and particles when removed during generation
- Submitted a lot of particle optimizations, to improve performance in Fungus
- Fixed sentry gun reload audio not networked correctly & outline being always on
- Tweaked hit indicator coloring
- Increased sticky flame life time
- Fewer Electrocrystals, smaller damage radius, longer pauses between connections
- Fixed flamethrower first person particle effect being too small
- Mineral distribution changed, Gold and Nitra are more evenly spreadout throughout the cave
- Trading Terminal
- Improved headshots on spiders
- Made tentacle lower player to ground on death
- Glyphids now only stagger when hit by weapons
- Don't play death particle on headshot
- Fixing cave leech accidentally 'reviving' dead dwarf
- Pathfinder improvements. Less going through terrain.
- Added audio cue to swarmer tunnel spawn
- Passive Jellies added to Dense biozone
- Changes to tunnel settings - Less small tunnels in some regions
- Bettersound on radioactive glowing crystals
- Small tweak to revolvers accuracy.
- Improved laserpointer performance when checking against terrain
- Bosco now spawns if you start a game alone and dissapears if someone joins
- Swarmer tunnels with new material, sound, particles
- Fix enemy healthbar initial state for weakpoint indicator
- Shoulderlights tweaked down from 12.50m to 11.00m reach making them a bit weaker.
- Added correct name to torn off glyphid legs
- Added Shooter leg, instead of reusing spitter leg.
- Changed lighting on the electric plants, and optimized the particles a bit.
- New flamethrower fire.
- Added ignition effect for when enemies catch on fire.
- Added Weakpoint Kill Particle for the flyer shooter
- Players will fall from the zip-line if they take sufficient damage
- Hold H to toggle HUD on/off
- Glyphid Dreadnought area attack now does full damage in the entire area (There was a falloff before)
- Tweaked Jadiz amount - Fixed bug where Jadiz spawning only had a value 2 to it having a 2 to 3 range + Changed value range from 7 to 18 to 10 to 18
- Decreased loot from loot bug: amount of chunks spawned was 15-30 now is 15-25 and chunk value was 1-4 now is 1-3
Hey Miners, on Xbox One and Windows 10.
Update 10 and 11 are ready for you! We hope that you enjoy the update!
COMMUNITY REQUESTED FIXES
- Fixed several issues with mouse sensitivity. Sensitivity was not the same in Space Rig and in a Mission, they are now the same. Sensitivity had different values for horizontal and vertical, they can now be set in option.
- Disconnecting controller no longer disables mouse and keyboards
- Test fix for primary monitor (somewhat untested!)
- Fixed Grappling hook infinite life bug
- First implementation of different tunnels for every planetary region
- Added crystal spikes than can drop from the ceiling in Salt Pits
- Sticky Goo added to Fungus Bogs
- Electro Crystals are added and can be found in the Crystal Caverns Region
- Try to prevent dead end tunnels when they are really small and have tight bends.
- New icons for Complexity and Length. It should now be more obvious that Complexity is a serious difficulty increase.
- Complexity icons now shown above Mission icons
- Mission payout directly show below Mission icons
- There is a new switch in the space rig, I wonder what it does?
DOWN CAMERA MODE
- Cycle through players while waiting to be revived or for the game to end. No more staring at your soon to be corpse!
- Sawed off Shotgun shoots 15 pellets dealing 6 damage each - increased to 10 damage each
- Sawed off Shotgun Max ammo 30 bullets - decreased to 16
- Sawed off Shotgun Max Ammo Upgrade - decreased from +10 to +8
GUNNER GATLING GUN REWORK
- Starting Ammo Capacity changed from 1800 to 1600 rounds.
- It is now fed ammo continuously from a single, upgradeable ammo drum - no more reloading!
- Overheats slightly faster - tweaked from 10 seconds of continuous fire to 9.
- Overheating is more punishing - time to cool down raised from 8 seconds to 10
- Upgrades reworked: Upgrades involving ammo and magazine increase have now been made to only focus on the magazine size. First upgrade originally gave you +400 bullets to max ammo it has been changed to +400 to magazine size. Second magazine upgrade will give you a total boost of +400 bullets where it before only increased the magazine size. Resulting in the Gatling Gun packing impressive 2400 bullets when maxed out!
- New Tungsten Bullet upgrade for Gatling Gun has been added allowing you to boost the damage 25%. A mandatory upgrade for players with affinity for Extreme difficulty.
- Added smoke effect to make it more obvious when you overheats
- Changed viewmodel FOV for 100 to 90
- First person view of Weapons are now less stretched
- Reduced overall clipping issues
WEAPONS & TOOLS
- Pickaxe will be less aggressive in hitting non hostile objects
- FIX: Grappling hook getting stuck in grapple mode
- Prevent Pickaxe when using Last Equipped weapon key
- Rephrased super shotgun upgrade to match that it does not get double barrel fire only faster fire rate.
- Fixed Shotgun reload speed upgrade not showing correct numbers
- Bosco can now detect smaller veins of minerals when you order him to mine
- Bosco is now be better at not being in the way when you're mining minerals
HUD / UI
- FIX: Control layouts now contains Controller Layout (again)
- Fixed large upgrade digits barely fit in the UI
- Mission Map locked mission gfx update
- Mission Map: Mission Icons now transparent if mission is locked, Password has correct spacing
- Fix ui bug if incoming player is kicked before he selected character
- Added more space between text lines on terminals (for accented languages)
- Updated all languages from Crowdin
- Korean added to game
SOUND, ANIMATION & EFFECTS
- Driller Pistol Reload Animations
- Driller Pistol and Scout Shotgun are now considered reloaded when it fits the animation, not when the animation ends. This will be implemented on other weapons when they get their own reloads. (Sound update missing)
- Fixed console background anims on clients
- Laser Pointer gfx update
- Background removed from Interact popups
- Damage Overlay gfx updated
- Improved cave leech sounds
- Made Fire animations for flamethrower and gatling gun loop correctly instead of starting over repeatedly
- Fixed tracer on assault rifle
- Shield & health damage overlays now clears after revive
- Drop Spike audio fix
- Added maggot crawl audio
- Tweaked camera offset on 1st person arms.
- Gatling Gun muzzle particle offset tweaked
- Tweaked Tentacle audio location
- Add Weapon Sway to all items
- Added new gatling overheat particles
- Power Drills is now smoking when they overheat.
- Scaled up the flamethrower particles
- Server list defaults to not show password servers
- Asteroids no longer smooth shaded on loading screen!!!
- Controller Right stick is now used as mouse scroll wheel
- Remove Steam Friend test when inviting friends. Private sessions should handle it better now and it was preventing clients inviting friends that were not friends with the server.
- Fixed Molly not being Golden in Memorial Hall when unlocked
- Make Molly and the large spiders prefer to walk on floor
- Fixed Weapon crash
- Enemies are no longer "staggered" by physical damage (Melee)
- Fixed updated Ammo and Clip size was not applied when you first spawned into the mission
- Changed Item scale in first person so that they clip less with other objects.
- Minor fix. Make molly prefer positions on floor when searching for random spot
- Try to fix/improve network errors. Enable kick of players that have not selected a character
- Fixed flare gun flare randomly getting ejected from walls when they are destroyed nearby
- Fixed depth meters for Biomes
- Better support for pathfinder blockers and danger zones. NPCs recalculate paths when entering an area that has changed.
- You can no longer revive while carrying a gem
- Fixed enemies not being able to walk where the drop pod was landed after it has taken off
- Platforms can no longer form inside the drop pod
- Supply Pods can only be called down on terrain.
- Better host quit message
- Newest FOV changes... moved the weapons a bit further away in some animations
- Fix dwarf status is not shown on endscreen
Deep Rock Galactic has now been in the wild for 2-3 week and we are now hard at work getting new updates out based on the feedback we get.
--- Beards and Hairs ---
Lots of new beard and hairs option in the Vanity shop. And some fixes so you actually see your customized Dwarf in the various menus.
--- Driller Buffs ---
The Driller is probably the most unique class in Deep Rock Galactic, so we were sad to see our iconic drilldozer valued below the other three classes in usefulness. Therefore, we have tweaked both his Flamethrower and Drills. In the detailed patch notes below, you can see the exact stat changes, which might also give you some hints on how to better utilize the Driller.
--- Payout on Mission Failed & Kicking ---
- Two issues pretty quickly started to show themselves: Dissatisfaction with the way we’ve handled a Mission Failed scenario in regards to payout, and the fact that players could be kicked from the team at any given time. We’ve worked out a first pass on a solution for both these, as listed below:
- Firstly, it used to be that failing a mission meant NO payout at all. Now, failing a mission will give you a compensation of 25% of the minerals stored in Molly at the time of the mission ending.
- Secondly, getting Kicked from a team will result in a Mission Failed case, where you will receive compensation based on what was added to Molly since you joined that session.
- It is now no longer possible to Join or being Kicked from a team once the Drop Pod has been called and the final countdown has begun. This is a test for now and we’ll monitor the outcome - and it’s a pretty easy fix, so we can quickly backpedal if needed.
- Also, it is extremely important to understand how Mission Complete works. You might think that the rewards are split out between survivors. They are not. We calculate the total and then each player in the session gets that same reward, regardless of the size of the team. On top of this, each surviving player adds a Survivor Bonus, which has been boosted also. “Leave No Dwarf Behind” should be the ethos here - the more players manage to get out alive, the greater the bonus for all involved!
- We have elected not to implement vote-kicking with this update, despite some players asking for it. It’s a fair bit of work to implement, and we are not completely convinced it is the way to go at this point. That said, there are good arguments both for and against this feature, and we will continue to monitor the situation. The same goes for a vote button on Molly.
--- Localization ---
We have opened up for 18 more languages. They are mostly based on commmunity translations, so most of them are not 100%. And there are some known issues with certain text strings that will not show special characters.
--- Bosco ---
Detailed in the patch notes below, Bosco has received a fairly significant buff, and his ability to kill Cave Leeches should have been improved. We write “should” since this issue will need further work to squash fully, but it should at least be a better experience all round now.
--- Roadmap ---
Last week, we had a big feedback meeting here at the Ghost Ship office. We’ve gathered all the feedback from you, the players, as well as feedback from the dev team and our partners. There are SO MANY cool things we can and will do to expand Deep Rock Galactic. Task for now is to choose which ones go in the game, and in which order, and we plan to reveal a greater and more comprehensive road map for the coming months over the next few weeks.
--- Patch Notes ---
Survival Bonus is doubled up from 75 credits to 150 credits pr surviving player
Mission Failed now gives a 25% compensation reward based on minerals collected
Getting kicked now results in Mission Failed, compensation based on contribution
Added a new flow and info for Kicking and getting Kicked
You can no longer Join a session after Drop Pod has been called
You can no longer Kick a player from a session after Drop Pod has been called
Tweaked text on Mission Map in regards to new public/ private flow
Add Private Server checkbox in escape menu
Added indicator for a joining player to team view
Bosco should now save you from the cave leeches more consistently
Bosco now also gets to play with the big lights. He goes woosh and then you can see a lot more than before :)
Bosco now has friendly fire reduction 0.2 instead of 1
Bosco Deals 100 % more damage (doubled from 3 to 6)
Bosco now gets a 250% speed boost when you order him around. Also increased his acceleration from 300 to 550
Class Balance: Buffed the Driller’s tools
Flamethrower Fuel capacity upped from 160 to 270 units, and each canister holds 90 instead of 80 units. That means the flamethrower now has fuel for three full reloads instead of two, and each reload holds more fuel.
Flamethrower Range upped from 8.5m to 10 m
Power Drills: Fuel upped from 30 to 35
Increased walk speed while drilling with 10 %
Melee damage with drills: Attack speed has been DOUBLED, while the damage of each attack has been lowered from 10 hp to 8 hp. (to compensate for double attack speed)
Upgrade Melee Drill damage: 5 hp to 4 hp (to compensate for double attack speed)
Sound, Effects & Animations
Added several new beards and hairs (we'll keep adding more of these)
Idle animations on Pistol and Revolver (also triggered by Reload on full ammo)
New reload for the Jury-rigged Boomstick
New soundFX (death splat sound, tutorial pop up sound, revive sound, maggot ..)
New reload for sawnoffshotgun
New Spitballer sound and Maggot sound
Changed the flamethrower smoke back to black... It was white, and it was a mistake.. Now it looks awesome again!
Added new dance move at the Jukebox
More cave shapes added to the random generator.
More randomness on existing cave shapes.
New sticky web environmental hazard. Don't get caught!
18 languages added!
Updated community translator credits
Added missing characters for Polish language.
Some buttons with text did not correctly update after a new language was selected.
Updated all languages with latest from Crowdin community
Fixed some text in Space Rig not showing correct in Russian
Note: since we are also adding new text, you will keep seeing some part of the game in English
Vanity items would sometimes not be correctly displayed on the dwarves in the terminals.
Key '5' is now available for custom key bindings
Fix Late Join crash if joining right when the level ends.
Fixed: you can no longer edit the Hint text while loading!
Maptool not updating correctly when terrian changes
Fixed not getting memorial hall upgrade at player rank 5, 7 and 8
Fix Grappling hook intersects with poison clouds
Sentry gun fixes and tweaks
Fixed Mixer names on enemies being wrong if several people spawns enemies
Fix for push to talk
Fix spiders playing run animation while not-moving after being hit
Fixed various spelling errors and typos
Try to fix players are unmuted when someone else joins
Improved Crafting menu
Fixed Cabin Sign Text, more Crafting GFX improvement
Fix Supplypod leaves red squares when it goes down
Added Max FPS option
Added option to disable analytics
Added Keybindings to Options -> Control menu (yeah, it's 2018, and NOW we got key-bindings!)
Fix: Memorial Hall upgrade at Player Rank 5, 7 and 8
Fix: Grappling Hook intersects with poison clouds
Lots of crash fixes (thanks for the reports!)
Disband Team can take a LONG time