WELCOME, NEW MINERS!
Congratulations, New Dwarven Employee, on making the smartest decision of your life and joining DEEP ROCK GALACTIC! You have taken your first step towards becoming an essential part of the most tenacious space mining corporation in the galaxy!
At DEEP ROCK GALACTIC, we pride ourselves on having obtained practical dominance of the most lucrative belts of the Outer Rim. While our foolish and cowardly competitors generally regard these systems as too volatile or high-risk, to us they are home.
At this time, we have a total of 87 ORBITAL SPACE RIGS in operation throughout more than a dozen Outer Rim systems, with 16 more currently under construction.
However, a new mission is upon us. While our digs are many, we are currently preparing our most heavily orchestrated mining operation to date: The complete subjugation of the planet HOXXES IV. It is to the best of our knowledge the single most dangerous planet in the galaxy, and it just so happens to contain the richest concentrations of minable material ever discovered. Many before us have tried taming Hoxxes. All have failed. Except for us.
And it is where we will be sending you.
Management bids you welcome. :)
WORKING AT DEEP ROCK GALACTIC
TEAMWORK IS KEY
At DEEP ROCK GALACTIC we value TEAMWORK above all! As the saying goes: "Dig together or dig your own grave". The sheer hostility of Hoxxes IV means anyone caught on their own will quickly be in trouble. As an interplanetary mining conglomerate, we depend on our employees to take care of each other. In other words, we won’t be there to hold your hand.
NEXT-LEVEL SPACE MINING
At DEEP ROCK GALACTIC we specialise in SPACE MINING at the most dangerous dig sites in the galaxy! We call upon YOU who have a natural predisposition towards hard, honest work. We believe in lean mining, and we expect the same of you. Due to the particulars being Classified, we are currently not at liberty to reveal the exact composition of the materials you will be excavating, however.
At DEEP ROCK GALACTIC we have a SAYING: "No cave is unconquerable as long as your drill remains fueled!" And while no two caves will ever be alike, our dedicated Research Department is constantly at work analysing the crust of the planet, locating the most lucrative caves and categorising them accordingly.
MOVE UP THE COMPANY LADDER
At DEEP ROCK GALACTIC we are big on PROMOTIONS! So big, in fact, that we tally up EVERYTHING you do and calculate your rank from that. Upon first joining us, you will be Rank 0 - one of the lovingly nicknamed Greenbeards (though this is not an officially sanctioned term). And while your job will carry you ever further down, your standing within the company will only go up! *
* Provided of course you are fortunate and skilled enough to survive your work
MISSION TO HOXXES IV
Hoxxes is so rich in minerals that our database of exploitable cave systems practically grows exponentially! But, so too does our understanding of the extremely hostile flora and fauna found there. To prepare you for some of the risks that will be facing you on Hoxxes, we have prepared a small briefing that we encourage you to read closely.
At DEEP ROCK GALACTIC, we have long relied on the tenacity, strength, and sheer underground survivability of the stout Dwarves when it comes to our very most dangerous digs. When all other measures have failed - when a mine shaft has suddenly gone dark, or a particularly heavy alien infestation is uncovered - the Dwarves are the ones we send in. And things sadly sometimes fail when you're attempting to establish a profitable mining operation on the most hostile planet in the galaxy.
THE MOST DANGEROUS PLANET IN THE GALAXY?
For our purposes? Oh yes. The executives of DEEP ROCK GALACTIC have had their eyes on this awful rock for a long time because it is so unusually rich in valuable and rare materials. The problem is that it is also the home of one of the largest collections of hostile alien species ever encountered as well. This is an ugly planet. A bug planet. A planet of things like corrosive worms that would like nothing better than to take up residence in your sinus cavities.
It's bad, is what we're saying.
SO HOW ARE YOU MEANT TO SURVIVE DOWN THERE?
While Deep Rock Galactic does not brag of being among the highest paying employers, we have never spared any expense on equipment. The Dwarves are decked out with the heaviest weapons and the most advanced gadgets this side of Rigel VII. Anything from heavy flamethrowers to launchers that fire climbable concrete platforms into walls - if it exists, the Dwarves have access to it.
EXAMPLE MISSION DEBRIEFING
Delve UC14//3772-84 POST-MISSION EVALUATION
All photos recovered from the Mining Utility Lift-Engine (MULE)
- Codename: Infested Chasm
- Mission Type: Closed Alpha insertion
- Minerals Retrieved: Classified Level 4
- Mission Time: 00:21:39
- Mission Status: All employees lost, MULE recovered
WHEN WILL THE MISSION LAUNCH?
- The mission for Hoxxes IV will launch soon! In the local timezone of planet Earth, this would mean as soon as February 28th 2018.
But...THIS IS Actually a GAME, yes?
- Yes. We're just being coy ;) . Deep Rock Galactic IS a game, set to launch on Steam Early Access, the Windows 10 Store, and Xbox One Game Preview on February 28th 2018. It is currently under active development. And it's going to be awesome. Come and join us on Discord :)
COOL! GIVE ME SOME SPECIFICS THEN!
- Deep Rock Galactic is a 4-player sci-fi co-op shooter taking place in procedurally generated and 100% destructible caves on an extremely hostile alien planet.
- You play as a team of badass dwarven space miners, out to complete missions for your corporate overlords and to collect as much gold, gems, and other precious minerals as you possibly can before you're overrun.
- To complete your tasks, you're equipped with a wide variety of severely hard-hitting weapons as well as a slew of hand gadgets. Set up turrets, call down supplies, build staircases up walls, or simply just drill your way to your objective - the choice is yours!